Optimise First Impressions
Who Do We Help?
People Just Like You.
Since 1992, we’ve had great delight in assisting clients in almost every profession and at various stages of their career – from executives and consultants, to managers and professionals.
We’ve earned a strong reputation for providing specialised services for people principally in:
- executive leadership and management
- sales and marketing
- communications and PR
- accounting and finance, and
- engineering related fields
In particular, we love working with people who are:
- entrepreneurial in spirit, and/ or
- have leadership accountability, and / or
- are creative, and / or
- work in KPI-driven roles, and / or
- work in project-driven roles
If strategy, creativity and results are your thing, you’ll love working with Aussie Resumes.
Tell me about yourself.
What are your weaknesses?
Give me an example of a time when ____
Do you know how to respond to those and other questions?
- Pre- and post-interview strategies
- How to prepare for the interview
- What 3 things you can do in an interview to take the spotlight off your shortcomings and position yourself in a positive light
- Learn the #1 influential factor in an interview
- How to respond to the most commonly asked interview questions – your coach helps you in defining and rehearsing your answers.
- What to ask the interviewer that is geared to impress.
- Interview role plays / simulation
- Interview etiquette
- How to dress to impress – psychological factors
- Strategies to optimise first impressions
- How to greet the interviewer
- How to deal with different types of interviews
- How to follow up after the interview
- A post-interview strategy that has been proven to increase job offers by around 50%
- Pre-start review
- 1-hour coaching call
- 2x Email On-Demand Coaching Sessions (tip: use these prior to the interview for advice and to boost confidence, as well as post-interview to implement strategies)
- Post-interview strategy
- Resources and / or worksheets if needed, as determined in the call and provided for your circumstance
- All of your questions answered!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is career coaching?
- Connect people with a deeper level of motivation than “just a job;” clients discover their passion and purpose to guide their decisions, empowering them to choose work they love, make a good living and still have a balanced life
- Distinguish themselves from career counselors and consultants by building capability in the individual client and getting results in real time, which leads to creating proficiencies, not just the ability to overcome deficiencies
- Probe for openings that lead to long-term developmental opportunities rather than providing just a “quick fix”
- Create effective coaching interactions by listening, providing feedback, asking powerful questions, and modeling
- Remove blocks to career progress, including such developmental needs as communication, interpersonal skills, lack of clarity, limiting beliefs, incomplete awareness of marketable skills, lack of purpose and more
- Improve clients’ ability to market and sell themselves in the job market regardless of economic conditions
- Increase individual potential for career growth and future earning power
- Assist clients in becoming “career self-reliant,” taking control and ownership of their own career development
- Enhance their clients’ job satisfaction through the discovery of their Authentic Vocation™
- Promote a win-win balance of work/life priorities, using the desired states of both individual and organization as benchmarks
(“What do career coaches do?” Copyright © 2003-2005 Marcia Bench and Career Coach Institute; Reprinted with Permission)
When you partner with a coach, you do so in a safe environment that is free of judgement. Coaching is all about you; your goals and aspirations.
Coaching is a partnership that helps you shape your vision and goals, define your priorities, and empowers and encourages you in mapping your course and charting your way through the seas.
What Coaching Isn’t:
Coaching isn’t therapy or counselling. Coaching is not a general chit chat session, nor is it about teaching or giving you all the answers.
How Does Coaching Work?
Coaching by phone is widely accepted and you will notice that almost all coaches conduct their coaching via this method (in fact, a vast majority of coaches exclusively coach via telephone due to the results clients achieve with telephone coaching).
When you receive coaching via telephone, you are more focused on what is being said and it allows you to be fully aware and present in that session with less distractions. It presents you with the opportunity of being coached anywhere, anytime.