Career & Personal Branding Strategists
Trusted by Professionals From
Harnessing our expertise in recruitment, marketing, branding, human resources and coaching, we assist clients in accelerating their job seeking efforts and enhancing their career satisfaction so they land a position they are truly passionate about. Backed by our industry knowledge and expertise that takes into account employment, role and organisational trends, we design solutions to help clients around the world in:
- Increasing their interview rate and, ultimately, job offers.
- Reducing their time in the job hunt.
- Saving potentially thousands in lost income due to a reduction in the job search process.
- Developing personal branding and job search strategies to spearhead opportunities.
- Improving personal confidence and net worth to an employer.
- Creating careers-by-design, tailored to one’s life purpose, values, needs and wants.
- Designing pre- and post-interview strategies that get the job.
- Evaluating job offers and negotiating an optimum compensation package.
- Transitioning into a new position.
- Certified Professional Coach (2008)
- Certificate in Everyday Psychology (2006)
- Diploma of Freelance Journalism (1994)
Hello, and welcome to Aussie Resumes! A veteran careers expert of more than 25 years, I have played a key role in people securing more interviews and job offers, as well as finding greater satisfaction from their work.
One of the greatest frustrations I hear every day is a lack of interview success: “I have all the skills and qualifications but I can’t even get an interview!” If that sounds like you, you’re not alone. For over 25 years I have been assisting people in navigating through the many pitfalls of a job search, and authentically presenting their skills, achievements and talents to prospective employers. This has resulted in my clients turning around their interview success rate, being headhunted by recruiters, and allowing them to select the employer they wish to work for.
Another key factor I encounter on a weekly basis is one in which folks have no clear purpose about what they want to do, or have lost confidence in moving forward with their career. This is due to a number of factors, such as:
- Migrating to Australia. (Hint: There is no need to ‘settle’ for a job you don’t love! I have many clients who have successfully secured a position in alignment with their qualifications / expertise, despite having no ‘local Australian experience’.)
- Knock back after knock back. Ouch! Rejection hurts, particularly on a consistent basis. (Hint: You are not marketing yourself appropriately! I have worked with many clients who applied for a ton of jobs with no calls for interview. In some instances, some of my clients have gone on to secure a new position for the first job they applied for using their new resume and other personal branding documents.)
- Zero recognition of current and future skills and talents. We all take things for granted, so it’s great to have an unbiased view. (Hint: Your strengths and capabilities are more valuable than you think! When marketed the right way, your skills, talents and achievements boost your $ value and bargaining power for a salary negotiation.)
I love it when my clients have an ‘ah ha’ moment and my career coaching and advice has allowed them to step out with purpose on their newfound path. ALL my clients – irrespective of which service they invest in – receive a confidence booster via my career insights which wins half the battle in securing a position you love, or negotiating a higher salary, or strengthening your unique brand to employers.
On a deeper career level, I truly believe everyone has the potential to be who they want to be, and that anything is possible when a connection is made between your life purpose, values and interests. We spend so much of our waking hours at work that it is imperative to our wellbeing to be passionate and happy about what we do. When you feel this way, you never have to ‘work’ a day in your life.