Discover Your True Calling
Connect with your passion, purpose and values.
Boost Your Marketability
Improve your unique selling point regardless of economic conditions.
Enhanced Job Satisfaction
Take control and ownership of your career.
Who Do We Help?
People Just Like You.
Since 1992, we’ve had great delight in assisting clients in almost every profession and at various stages of their career – from executives and consultants, to managers and professionals.
We’ve earned a strong reputation for providing specialised services for people principally in:
- executive leadership and management
- sales and marketing
- communications and PR
- accounting and finance, and
- engineering related fields
In particular, we love working with people who are:
- entrepreneurial in spirit, and/ or
- have leadership accountability, and / or
- are creative, and / or
- work in KPI-driven roles, and / or
- work in project-driven roles
If strategy, creativity and results are your thing, you’ll love working with Aussie Resumes.
If you answered YES to any of the above, consider the possibility of a coaching partnership to accelerate your career.
There are new doors waiting to be opened if you take the step and walk through.
Authentic Vocation (TM) Coaching Program
Authentic Vocation is an approach that is different from other skills-based approaches to identifying your calling or ideal work. Instead, it starts with your life purpose and builds a template for your ideal work from that critical base and is formed on 3 core principles:
Central Life Purpose
Every person has a central life purpose that, if realised through their career as it develops and changes over time, generates optimum work fulfilment.
Express Life Purpose
It is possible for all people to find or create work that expresses their life purpose, utilises their skills, meets a need in the world, and is financially viable.
Determine 8 Factors
To achieve this ideal, each person’s purpose, values, motivators, interests, skills, experience, job goals and desired work environment must be determined and then filtered through a business reality.
In determining your Authentic Vocation, and in alignment with the 3 Core Principles
are 8 key factors:
1. Life purpose
What is the purpose or mission of your life that must be expressed through your work? What is the core theme or message of your life?
What values must be expressed in your work for optimal satisfaction? What matters to most to you?
What motivates you to do your best?
What do you know a significant amount about? What natural talents or strengths do you have, and what other marketable skills have you developed that you enjoy using? What education have you received?
What experience can you leverage in your next position?
6. Desired Job/Career:
What job titles and/or industries would suit your goals?
What location, culture, and other factors would be critical in your work environment?
8. Business Reality:
Is your target financially viable? Can you make a living at it? If not, what needs to be adjusted so you can?
Your coaching program guides you through defining your true calling in life, then assists you in preparing your job search strategy, developing your personal brand and marketing documentation (i.e. resume etc), interviewing strategies, and evaluation of job offers to ensure it meets your newly defined purpose.
Authentic Vocation Career Coaching ProgramDiscover Your True Passion & Calling in Life
- 8 personalised one-on-one coaching sessions up to 50 minutes each in duration
- Unlimited email support between coaching sessions
- The Australian Resume Writer Software
- Critique and review of one resume and cover letter created with The Australian Resume Writer Software
- Guided Authentic Vocation worksheets to define a different aspect of your ideal job and career
- Plus other worksheets and resources as determined in each coaching session
- Payment Options Available
What Our Clients Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, see what our clients are saying!
Tara brought many strengths to the coaching process, especially her quiet sense of calm confidence and her lack of judgement. By creating a safe haven in which to play with ideas, ideals, values and behaviour patterns, Tara held up a mirror allowing me to explore the intricate patterns swirling through my life. By gently teasing the patterns apart -with feedback from earlier sessions, gentle probing questions and intelligently structured homework questionnaires, Tara arranged for me find out who I really am, not the job titles or family positions, but who I am and who I want to be. Highlights include having the courage to say what I was going to achieve, set a deadline and making sure that events unfolded to achieve those goals. Learning how to honour my personal values, not just take what life dishes up, was one of the greatest lessons… I learnt a great deal about myself and how to create a new inner direction from Tara and the personal coaching process.Erica
Tara held me accountable each week so I would make progress… Asking powerful questions, listening for what wasn’t said. She always congratulated me and made sure that I saw the progress I was doing and my strengths. Keep up the good job and your positive attitude. You give energy and motivation to your clients.Michaela
Tara did a superb job of helping me to identify what things I want to focus on and achieve in my life at this moment. During the exchanges it is clear that she believes her client already has the answers and knows what is best as the next step to take. Tara is very adept at drawing out the client’s own wisdom. She is also good at setting fair goals/challenges to be achieved before the next session. She sets them at the right level of challenge – stretching, but not over-stretching. [She] is such a good listener that you get the sense that she is connecting with what you’re saying at a really profound level. Another highlight for me was Tara’s help to clarify what are the priorities in my life right now. And then once the priorities were identified she helped me to initiate a plan. Here again Tara demonstrated her skill at getting me, the client, to create the plan from my own ideas stimulated by her questions.Stephanie
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does the Career Program Take?
Your coaching time is established at a mutually convenient time to you. Dependable on your needs, your coaching call can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
As an example, if you chose weekly coaching calls, then the full Authentic Vocation Program would be completed in 2 months. Fortnightly coaching calls would result in a completion time of 4 months.
You can alter your call frequency at any time throughout the program. For instance, you may start with weekly calls and decide to change to fortnightly to accommodate other commitments.
Please remember that the Career Program involves more than coaching calls on your behalf. Worksheets, reflections, research and time spent on other activities is required by you – it is important that time is dedicated for activities outside the coaching call. Some of these activities can be time intensive, so dependable on your circumstances and the time you have available to dedicate to the program, weekly coaching calls may not be viable as each coaching call builds on from the last coaching session and the worksheets / activities assigned before the next coaching call.
Fast Track Program:
We have an alternative Fast Track Program, from $900.
This is the same program condensed into 4 coaching calls, but of which requires self-guided coaching and greater time committment on your behalf. If this interests you, please enquire.
What is career coaching?
- Connect people with a deeper level of motivation than “just a job;” clients discover their passion and purpose to guide their decisions, empowering them to choose work they love, make a good living and still have a balanced life
- Distinguish themselves from career counselors and consultants by building capability in the individual client and getting results in real time, which leads to creating proficiencies, not just the ability to overcome deficiencies
- Probe for openings that lead to long-term developmental opportunities rather than providing just a “quick fix”
- Create effective coaching interactions by listening, providing feedback, asking powerful questions, and modeling
- Remove blocks to career progress, including such developmental needs as communication, interpersonal skills, lack of clarity, limiting beliefs, incomplete awareness of marketable skills, lack of purpose and more
- Improve clients’ ability to market and sell themselves in the job market regardless of economic conditions
- Increase individual potential for career growth and future earning power
- Assist clients in becoming “career self-reliant,” taking control and ownership of their own career development
- Enhance their clients’ job satisfaction through the discovery of their Authentic Vocation™
- Promote a win-win balance of work/life priorities, using the desired states of both individual and organization as benchmarks
(“What do career coaches do?” Copyright © 2003-2005 Marcia Bench and Career Coach Institute; Reprinted with Permission)
When you partner with a coach, you do so in a safe environment that is free of judgement. Coaching is all about you; your goals and aspirations.
Coaching is a partnership that helps you shape your vision and goals, define your priorities, and empowers and encourages you in mapping your course and charting your way through the seas.
What Coaching Isn’t:
Coaching isn’t therapy or counselling. Coaching is not a general chit chat session, nor is it about teaching or giving you all the answers.
How Does Coaching Work?
Your coach, Tara West, is a Certified Professional Coach and coaches you over the telephone or Skype. (What is Skype? Click here.)
Coaching by phone is widely accepted and you will notice that almost all coaches conduct their coaching via this method (in fact, a vast majority of coaches exclusively coach via telephone due to the results clients achieve with telephone coaching).
When you receive coaching via telephone, you are more focused on what is being said and it allows you to be fully aware and present in that session with less distractions. It presents you with the opportunity of being coached anywhere, anytime.