Career & Personal Branding Strategists
Our goal? To help you win more interviews and job offers.
We analyse your career goals and provide you with solutions, job search strategies and engaging content that influences and optimises your personal brand to prospective employers.
We love delving into your journey and ask provocative questions to open perspectives and gain quantifiable information to authentically showcase your worth and value.
We have a passion for coaching, concept analysis, the written word, and marketing. We have an intimate knowledge of employer, role and organisational trends and use that to your advantage.
25 years and counting. We take pride in offering our clients the best service, value and support by taking an individualised approach to their needs.
Our purpose is to enrich the lives of people. By providing the highest performing career products and services, we help individuals in recognising and acknowledging their strengths and marketing their unique brand that results in more jobs offers and yields greater career satisfaction. Our aim is to continuously enhance our reputation and value as an industry leader, with our core culture being professionalism, performance, and depth and quality of our collaborative client relationships.
For the past 25 years, we have assisted thousands of clients from more than 36 countries via personalised writing services, coaching, workshops, software products, books, articles, and other career services.
Harnessing our expertise in recruitment, marketing, branding, human resources and coaching, we assist clients in accelerating their job seeking efforts and enhancing their career satisfaction so they land a position they are truly passionate about. Backed by our industry knowledge and expertise that takes into account employment, role and organisational trends, we design solutions to help clients around the world in:
- Increasing their interview rate and, ultimately, job offers.
- Reducing their time in the job hunt.
- Saving potentially thousands in lost income due to a reduction in the job search process.
- Developing personal branding and job search strategies to spearhead opportunities.
- Improving personal confidence and net worth to an employer.
- Creating careers-by-design, tailored to one’s life purpose, values, needs and wants.
- Designing pre- and post-interview strategies that get the job.
- Evaluating job offers and negotiating an optimum compensation package.
- Transitioning into a new position.
From 1992 to Now:
A quick look at our history
Tara West established a local South Australian business that provided B2B marketing solutions, as well as creation of dynamic resumes and job search strategies.
Development of a Resume & Cover Letter DIY Kit and creation of a website, that saw the DIY Kit sold nationally to job seekers.
Tara West selected as finalist in the Telstra Women’s Business Awards, Westpac Business Owner category, and Young Business Woman of the Year – the only woman from a regional area in SA and 1 of only 20 finalists in SA.
Aussie Resumes Pty Ltd was incorporated to provide an online international careers service, including resume writing, cover letter writing, career coaching, and job search strategies.
The Australian Resume Writer Software was born – a program used by indivdiuals and business. Some of our corporate clients include: Mission Australia, CRS Australia, Department of Education, Curtin University, Joblink, Workforce Hire, and more.
Selected by the Department of Education to provide job seeker software and workshops to Job Network Providers for the state of Western Australia. Educated Employment Consultants on marketing strategies for job seekers with barriers.
Introduced Career Workshops specifically for Recruitment Agencies and other providers in the Careers Sector; providing education on resume and cover letter strategies.
Invited as LinkMe’s first Resume Partner. (LinkeMe is owned by Sensis.)
Tara West obtained her Coach Certification and introduced several career coaching programs into the business.
Expanded service offerings to assist companies with corporate staff profiles and customer case studies which showcase staff abilities and results. Some of our clients have included Hewlett Packard Australia, Vero Insurance and numerous small business owners.
Introduced personalised LinkedIn Profiles for job seekers and companies.
Expanded service offerings to provide a web resume / portfolio for job seekers. This service is ideal for creatives, as well as executives / leaders who wish to cement their brand in their industry sector.
Career Expert and Contributor, including: Pathways Pak published by RMIT University; The Australian Careers and Apprenticeship Guide; ABC radio; “Australia? Yes!” a personal guide to Australia published by Active Solutions and Consulting Group; Career One; She Said Magazine, and other job / career portals.
- Certified Professional Coach (2008)
- Certificate in Everyday Psychology (2006)
- Diploma of Freelance Journalism (1994)
Hello, and welcome to Aussie Resumes! A veteran careers expert of more than 25 years, I have played a key role in people securing more interviews and job offers, as well as finding greater satisfaction from their work.
One of the greatest frustrations I hear every day is a lack of interview success: “I have all the skills and qualifications but I can’t even get an interview!” If that sounds like you, you’re not alone. For over 25 years I have been assisting people in navigating through the many pitfalls of a job search, and authentically presenting their skills, achievements and talents to prospective employers. This has resulted in my clients turning around their interview success rate, being headhunted by recruiters, and allowing them to select the employer they wish to work for.
Another key factor I encounter on a weekly basis is one in which folks have no clear purpose about what they want to do, or have lost confidence in moving forward with their career. This is due to a number of factors, such as:
- Migrating to Australia. (Hint: There is no need to ‘settle’ for a job you don’t love! I have many clients who have successfully secured a position in alignment with their qualifications / expertise, despite having no ‘local Australian experience’.)
- Knock back after knock back. Ouch! Rejection hurts, particularly on a consistent basis. (Hint: You are not marketing yourself appropriately! I have worked with many clients who applied for a ton of jobs with no calls for interview. In some instances, some of my clients have gone on to secure a new position for the first job they applied for using their new resume and other personal branding documents.)
- Zero recognition of current and future skills and talents. We all take things for granted, so it’s great to have an unbiased view. (Hint: Your strengths and capabilities are more valuable than you think! When marketed the right way, your skills, talents and achievements boost your $ value and bargaining power for a salary negotiation.)
I love it when my clients have an ‘ah ha’ moment and my career coaching and advice has allowed them to step out with purpose on their newfound path. ALL my clients – irrespective of which service they invest in – receive a confidence booster via my career insights which wins half the battle in securing a position you love, or negotiating a higher salary, or strengthening your unique brand to employers.
On a deeper career level, I truly believe everyone has the potential to be who they want to be, and that anything is possible when a connection is made between your life purpose, values and interests. We spend so much of our waking hours at work that it is imperative to our wellbeing to be passionate and happy about what we do. When you feel this way, you never have to ‘work’ a day in your life.
I feel blessed I am on this journey to help others in securing a career of their choice and grateful to each and every client for the opportunity to play an integral role in their new career adventure.